15 49.0138 8.38624 https://blog.inspiredbeacon.com arrow arrow 1 1 Your e-mail has been sent! A problem has occured. Please try again. NEW HOT SALE 600
v

We provide high quality products, great service and quick shipping

We provide high quality products, great service and quick shipping

Grass is Always Greener Where You Water It: Be Who You Want to Be

Grass is Always Greener Where You Water It: Be Who You Want to Be

Grass is Always Greener Where You Water It: Be Who You Want to Be — Kaylaa T. Blackwell

It happens every so often, those times when you find yourself wishing you were someone else. Or when you get swept up in the rush of another person’s journey and before long that attachment lulls you into a false sense of satisfaction within your own life. While living vicariously through someone else can be inspirational and thought provoking, it will ultimately leave you wanting; searching for the next fix in order to make your life feel like more.

It may be that you are in the shadows, without the understanding that you have all of the right tools but may not have the confidence to move forward. Or it could be that you are overwhelmed by messages from the world that make you feel as though you have to be a certain kind of person in order to have any kind of success.

The good news is that you can be who you want to be, starting right now. How do you do that? You begin by taking stock of what you have to offer the world and by reconnecting with your own desires. Instead of getting caught up in what other people are doing, take the time to check in with what’s going on in your own world.

Focus on positive thinking and reshape those thoughts into goals you can achieve in your current situation. Maybe you don’t want to be the next President of the United States but you would like to run for a city council office or be more involved in a local cause.

Step back to get some perspective. We all have great qualities that can be easier to see when we look at the big picture. When you compare yourself to someone else, you can lose sight of what you love and appreciate about yourself.

Surround yourself with great people. Friends don’t only bring out the best in you; they help you to see what’s already there.

Take care of what you have. Instead of focusing on what someone else is doing or what another person has that you don’t; take care of what you do have. Water your own grass and watch it grow. Soon you will be all that you were created to be.

“Our time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Job

Credits: Creative Commons image

———————-

If you like what you read, please feel free to Like it with a thumbs up, share or comment…thanks for stopping by and sharing 🙂.

———————-

Kaylaa T. Blackwell is an IT Professional working @ Itron, Inc. and a student @ Southern New Hampshire University with a penchant for writing, researching and helping others resolve real world issues. She has a great interest in technology, business and psychology and how they impact each other. The views and opinions expressed in this article belongs to Kaylaa and do not represent the opinions of her employer. Learn more about her here.

Category Better LivingFood for ThoughtsInsightsInspirationMotivationSelf ImprovementSuccess Tips

15 Comments

• February 18, 2016 at 8:58 pm Whitney Parchman

Love this post! I have to go water my grass now. 😉 xo

• February 18, 2016 at 9:01 pm Inspired Beacon

Glad you love this one 🙂 I am right there with you girl, as I am watering my grass now…winter or not…LOL 🙂

• February 23, 2016 at 10:32 am Afrika Bohemian

This one is really true, I need to water my grass more because I always think that the grass is greener somewhere else but not in my backyard. Love the new name and tag lie by the way

• February 23, 2016 at 11:28 am Inspired Beacon

Glad you found truth in it. I’m guilty of the same thing in the past…thinking that the other side of the fence is always greener. But now that I have been tending to my own backyard as well, I found that only neglect could make it dry up. Therefore its just matter of paying attention and taking care. So this why decided to write and share this piece.

Also happy you love the new name and slogan :). In the process of creating the logo…but I just added the text in the interim. Thanks a lot for your support and for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. Peace and Love to you****

• February 24, 2016 at 2:05 am Afrika Bohemian

Love and light, thanks for the post, it is such a beautiful reminder

• February 27, 2016 at 10:59 am jacquelineobyikocha

This is a great post Kaylaa. Will like to share it tomorrow.

• February 27, 2016 at 12:06 pm Inspired Beacon

Sure love…that is fine with me. You are always welcome to share any of my posts. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend 🙂

• […] Grass is always greener where you water it from Kaylaa: Very inspiring, motivating and well articulated. […]

• February 28, 2016 at 11:31 am kingsoracle

Wow, I love the new tagline, I am much more ready now to begin to tend to my backyard and forget about everyone else’s.LET THE WATERING BEGIN, AND THE GARDEN BEGINS TO SPROUT, DISPLAYING BEAUTIFUL COLOURS OF LIFE.
    Thanks for sharing.

• February 28, 2016 at 11:44 am Inspired Beacon

Thanks for stopping by and glad you love the new tagline! You so beautifully articulated your thoughts just now and I appreciate you sharing it :).
      Your garden will definitely sprout beautiful flowers my dear 🙂 and I will be here cheering you on and providing more inspiration 😀 Peace and Success to you****

• March 9, 2016 at 11:01 am Marie Therese

Your last suggestion: Take care of what you have! That’s something I’ve been trying to do lately and it feels great, because the focus moved from wanting what others have to loving what you have. There is already so much within if we just honor ourselves by noticing and cultivating it. Thank you 🙂

• March 9, 2016 at 2:01 pm Inspired Beacon

You are so welcome and nice to meet you Marie :). Glad you are doing more of this now, you certainly cannot go wrong with that. All the best as you make great strides forward with this effort for yourself. Peace and Love to you :).

• March 10, 2016 at 3:04 am Marie Therese

Thank you! Peace and love to you, too 🙂

• March 10, 2016 at 12:15 pm Inspired Beacon

Thanks so much 🙂

• March 10, 2016 at 6:43 pm Kate McClelland

Reblogged this on Kate McClelland.