15 49.0138 8.38624 https://blog.inspiredbeacon.com arrow arrow 1 1 Your e-mail has been sent! A problem has occured. Please try again. NEW HOT SALE 600
v

We provide high quality products, great service and quick shipping

We provide high quality products, great service and quick shipping

Restless In The World

Restless In The World

Restless In the World — Kaylaa T. Blackwell

Restless In the World — Kaylaa T. Blackwell

You get scared of the future
Then tomorrow comes

Who am I to be?
Am I living wrong?
Am I doing it right?
Is it Wise…
Is it Foolhardy…
To set sights above
What mind can not fathom?
What inner renderings cannot simplify…
Giving birth to synthetized composites.

To not fully comprehend
Objective reality
Purposeful compulsions
Mind and body derelictions
Nurtured
And learned convictions
Bittersweet convulsions
Missed opportunities
For real connections
In the every day existence?

To want more

And intangible
Are the way
They are
Echoing
And traversing
Our paths?
Colliding with our earthly explorations
As Conquerors

How lucky
We are
To be alive
Partaking in
The existential.

restless-in-the-world-2

Credits: Creative Commons images courtesy of James Jordan (1st image)  and Jalal Hameed Bhatti (2nd image).

———————-

If you like what you read, please feel free to Like it with a thumbs up, share or comment…thanks for stopping by and sharing 🙂.

———————-

Kaylaa T. Blackwell is an IT Professional working @ Itron, Inc. and a student @ Southern New Hampshire University with a penchant for writing, researching and helping others resolve real world issues. She has a great interest in technology, business and psychology and how they impact each other. The views and opinions expressed in this article belongs to Kaylaa and do not represent the opinions of her employer. Learn more about her here.

Category Food for ThoughtsInsightsInspirationMotivationPoetry

21 Comments

• January 17, 2016 at 5:40 pm jane.aireton@cwgsy.net

Love this words and pics perfect…..

• January 17, 2016 at 5:45 pm Inspired Beacon

Glad you love the words and they resonated with you. Happy New Year and all the best in 2016. Peace and Love to you 🙂

• January 17, 2016 at 7:35 pm Ron

I LOVE IT AS ALWAYS. YOUR 1# OF MY FAVORITES. LOVE ALL THAT YOU WRITE. I FEEL YOUR PURPOSE IN YOUR WRITING. I”M BLESSED TO KNOW YOU. : )

• January 18, 2016 at 2:51 am Inspired Beacon

Thank you Ron. Glad you love this poem and it resonated with you. Hope you are enjoying your New Year so far 🙂 .

• January 18, 2016 at 12:28 pm Khaya Ronkainen

Well-said! How lucky we are indeed, to be alive.

• January 22, 2016 at 9:54 am Inspired Beacon

Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing in the splendor of living 🙂

• January 22, 2016 at 11:27 am D. Wallace Peach

Beautiful. I love the last stanza particularly. Well done 🙂

• January 22, 2016 at 11:31 am Inspired Beacon

Thanks so much 🙂 , glad it resonated with you. It is nice to meet you and I appreciate you stopping by and sharing your thoughts. All the best for 2016 🙂 .

• January 23, 2016 at 6:10 pm Derek Moore

Wonderful as to be expected. To convey the conflicts within ourselves and how we reason as a path to existential nature of human beings… Very brilliant, no thought or reason, unimportant or trivial. You give it all deeper mean. Very well done!

• January 23, 2016 at 6:19 pm Inspired Beacon

Thanks Derek, glad you enjoyed this one. I appreciate you stopping by to share your great thoughts and add to the conversion 🙂

While you are here, feel free to check out The Sky Lounge that I opened recently http://wp.me/p6cZVB-jX and let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy your weekend 🙂 .

• January 24, 2016 at 1:04 pm gettingthroughanxiety

A very good poem! Thanks for sharing!

• January 24, 2016 at 1:29 pm Inspired Beacon

You are welcome and thanks so much. Glad you liked it 🙂

• March 30, 2016 at 1:30 pm jacquelineobyikocha

Wow! This is quite introspective and I think we all go through this tussle of questions in our minds.I agree with being calm and appreciating how lucky we are to be alive to partake in the existential. A lovely poem.

• May 17, 2016 at 2:02 pm K E Garland

I love Kaylaa’s work. I featured her once under my “Other People’s Quotes” category. Also, I think I was following you once before, but you’ve changed the name or the site? Which one?

• May 17, 2016 at 3:58 pm Inspired Beacon

Hi Kathy 🙂 …thanks so much…glad you love my work. Yes I did transition the blog to our new name, and now we have the blog and shop relaunched together under Inspired Beacon. You were following us and I did copy over all my blog followers and subscribers, so I assumed you would have been copied over automatically. But I am not sure what happened, so it would be wonderful if you re-followed us. Feel free to check out the new shop and our products starting from the home page http://inspiredbeacon.com and let me know what you think…I love all constructive criticisms (the good, the bad and the ugly) LOL 🙂 . Hope you enjoy the rest of your week. Talk soon 🙂

• June 2, 2016 at 11:41 am forkwardthinkingfoodinista

Hi, Fab blog! I have just set up mine, but still in the very early stages – a few months old. Just making efforts to link in with fellow bloggers to improve our followers and get the word out there for us both. I would appreciate you having a peek at my blog, as I have published several posts. Feel free to like, comment, follow or just take a peek. Thank you 🙂

• June 3, 2016 at 5:01 am Inspired Beacon

Thanks so much, glad you think our blog is fabulous…LOL :). I appreciate you stopping by to share your thoughts. Will be sure to check your blog out soon. Hope you enjoy the upcoming weekend :). Peace to you.

• June 4, 2016 at 3:12 am forkwardthinkingfoodinista

Of course it is Fab!! Lol My pleasure. Great, hope that you like. Have a fab weekend also 🙂 Peace to you

• November 4, 2016 at 3:40 am Linda

I enjoyed Restless in the world. Thank you for sharing

• November 4, 2016 at 1:12 pm Inspired Beacon

Thanks so much, Linda! I’m glad you enjoyed my blog. 🙂

• March 12, 2017 at 10:39 am -Eugenia

Hi, I came over from Jacqueline’s. It is good to meet you.